Joint and Tendon screening is ideal for runners and triathletes, and for marathon/iron man preparations, and those at the gym training with weights looking for any areas of fatigue that require attention and competition readiness.
The screening includes:
– Past medical and sport history analysis.
– Fully comprehensive analysis of test results and specialist advice.
– Stress screening (a questionnaire will be sent to you to complete).
– Blood tests (Rheumatology and Sports Performance Profile, Vitamin D). For details, see below.
– Musculoskeletal examination of the lower limb (pelvic and core control, knee, hip, foot and ankle biomechanics, and balance testing).
– Exercise advice and prescription.
Our fee: £1365
Please note the following components included in the extensive blood tests:
Rheumatology Profile: Full blood count, ESR, CRP, Uric Acid, Rheumatoid Factor, HLA B27, Anti CCP Antibodies, and Antinuclear Autoantibodies.
Sports Performance Profile: Basic kidney and liver function testing, HDL/LDL and cholesterol testing, random blood glucose, Omega 3/6 fatty oil ratio, Calcium, Mineral screen (Iron, Chromium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc), Vitamin B9 and B12, Iron profile and red cell folate, total antioxidant status, full blood count, ESR, and CRP.
You can request additional tests or investigations:
- MRI one part £560, two parts £840, three parts £1120
- Ultrasound examination one part £320, two parts £420
- Treadmill video gait analysis £185
- Osteoporosis blood screening £85
- Bone Dexa Scan £200
- Isokinetic lower limb power testing £150
To request an appointment, please call on 07540 123 227 or complete the form below.