Testing for your bone strength is vital in the endurance sportswoman and is a tell tale marker for bone health and the risk of a bony stress reaction as a result of training.
The screening includes:
– Past medical and sport history analysis.
– Fully comprehensive analysis of test results and specialist advice.
– Musculoskeletal examination of arms, legs, hips, and the spine (mobility testing, flexibility testing, pelvic control, core control, balance testing).
– Blood tests (Sports Performance profile and Osteoporosis profile, Vitamin D). For details, see below.
– Isokinetic lower limb power testing
– Exercise prescription
– Treadmill video gait analysis also looking at pelvic control, tibial torsion, leg length difference, and patellar tracking.
– Ultrasound of one body part
– Stress screening
Our fee: £1501
Please note the following components included in the extensive blood tests:
Sports Performance Profile: Basic kidney and liver function testing,HDL/LDL and cholesterol testing, random blood glucose, Omega 3/6 fatty oil ratio, Calcium, Mineral screen (Iron, Chromium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc), Vitamin B9 and B12, Iron profile and red cell folate, total antioxidant status, full blood count, ESR, and CRP.
Osteoporosis Profile: Alkaline Phosphatase, Calcium, Albumin, Phosphate, Serum Crosslaps (DPD), and Vitamin D (25 OH).
You can request additional tests or investigations:
- MRI one part £560, two parts £840, three parts £1120
- Ultrasound examination, two parts £420
- Bone Dexa Scan £200
To request an appointment, please call on 07540 123 227 or complete the form below: